The Herd

Storks Movie Review

Kellie Ryan, Writer

Upon watching this movie, it struck me as a cute family comedy with funny references here and there. Storks is a story about a stork and a woman who have to deliver a baby without anyone finding out, due to the fact that the Storks stopped delivering babies long ago. The movie is based on their journey to get the baby to her family. It consists of a few bumps in the road, such as an airplane crashing, a large pack of wolves pursuing the main characters, and the building of a carnival on top of a house. The ending is bittersweet, more on the happy side.

There is a hidden message in this movie, and it’s that the time that parents have to share with their children is brief, sweet, and needs to be cherished. The question about where babies come from is answered in a manner that might confuse some younger children, so be prepared for questions afterwards.

Most of this story is written and directed by writer and co-director Nicholas Stoller and is a ¨mismatched-buddy¨ road trip movie as Junior and Tulip strive to deliver the pink-haired, blue-eyed baby girl to her family before the scary boss finds out she exists.

All in all, this movie is a cute, action-packed comedy with hidden messages about teamwork, perseverance, and compassion.